FO: Pink Bubblegum Scarf

The yarn for this scarf was bought to teach my daughter how to knit.

Her garter stitch (in French: point mousse) seemed to be going well. That is, until her nine year old survival instincts kicked in and she gave up.

Since my brain has been relentlessly turning over a bulky yarn cowl idea, I figured the yarn would lend itself well to the stitch I have in mind for it.

It did. Most satisfyingly.

Pink bubblegum scarf

FO: Pink Bubblegum Scarf
Yarn: Phildar Express 50/28/22 Nylon/Acrylic/Wool
Total yardage: 186 yards/171 meters (3 skeins)

I knitted this baby on 6mm needles though I should have apparently used 9mm needles. I guess I'm dyslexic.

My daughter is pleased as punch. I can hardly wait to find out how she'll accidentally destroy it.

I'm hoping she'll surprise me with her creativity.

Pink bubblegum scarf

7 comment(s):

Schmutzie said...
February 18, 2010 at 9:24 AM

I'm usually not a huge fan of pink, but I love this scarf. It's beautiful!

george said...
February 18, 2010 at 9:35 AM

What a beautiful blog (and scarf)! Very nice.

ashleyenfrance said...
February 18, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Very nice! Maybe she will surpise you and keep it nice!

The Late Bloomer said...
February 18, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Gorgeous scarf! (When can I have one??... JK!) Gorgeous photos! Such a great job, doll. SOOO envious of both...

Cool idea for a new blog! :o)

P.S. My word verification is "dippi" -- isn't that appropriate?!

Andrea (@shutterbitch) said...
February 19, 2010 at 7:09 AM

Very pretty! So if you need a test knitter for your designs, let me know...

Erica said...
February 19, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Love, love , LOVE the color of this scarf and looking forward to reading more of your new blog!

Back to Home Back to Top Hopping Blackbird. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.